1. All human beings have a right to live in a safe and peaceful environment, free of fear and threats of violence or aggression, and that our current state of "normalized violence" is both destructive to our society and unacceptable;
2. Peace, non-violence, constructive conflict resolution and conditions and behaviors can be taught, modeled, encouraged and developed. Violence and conflict are NOT "natural or inevitable" states of our society;
3. Symbols, physical structures and objects are important signs and reminders in our society of impactful themes and messages;
4. Collective impact and systems thinking is necessary to address the core societal issues - no single approach, perspective or lever is sufficient by itself in our complex society. We need to leverage and coordinate multiple forces to effect change and have a true positive impact;
5. We aim to be an outcomes-driven organization that is evidence-based and will continually measure and improve our programming to maximize our impact.